Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Korenne & Eric Smith, MunaLuchi Bride Blog Featured Wedding


Maryland Mansion Wedding: Korenne + Eric Smith

Memories-of-Bliss-Photography-MD-Korenne-Eric-9
Korenne, a digital marketing manager and Eric Smith, a contract administrator loved planning their wedding together. Korenne had so many positive things to say about the incredible journey that is wedding planning. “For us, our wedding was the first time we truly felt like partners and we approached everything like a team.” What a phenomenal team they are. The two had an absolutely divine Maryland mansion wedding, the moments captured by Memories of Bliss Photography.
Wedding Date: May 3, 2015
Wedding Location: Newton White Mansion in Mitchellville, MD
First Dance Song: “Giving You the Best That I've Got” by Anita Baker
Favorite Items on the Menu: The bacon wrapped scallops and lollipop lamb chops during cocktail hour and the prime rib during the main course. 
Tell us about how you met and all about the proposal!
We met at Ozios Lounge in Washington, DC in September of 2012. I was there for a friend's birthday party. Eric happened to be nearby our table. We struck up a conversation, although Eric was very shy! I asked him to buy me a drink - which he refused to do since we had plenty of free drinks in our section. He challenged me and I knew there was something special about him. So, when he asked for my number at the end of the night, we went out on our first date the very next day!
 We got engaged on September 15, 2013. We had just moved in together. It was the day after I had thrown Eric a birthday party in our new apartment. As we were preparing to go to a wine festival, Eric went into our bedroom to get me an accessory for my outfit. He said, "My outfit was missing something." I didn't think that was strange because he always helps me get dressed! When Eric returned, he got down on one knee and proposed. I was very, very surprised! Little did I know, the weekend before, he asked my dad for my hand in marriage. My entire family was waiting for our phone call to get the official announcement. I was so surprised that they kept the secret from me for a whole week!
After the proposal, we went to the Vintage Virginia Wine Festival and enjoyed our first day as an engaged couple. Trump Winery even gave us a free bottle of Blanc de Blanc while at the event to help us celebrate.
 Wedding Style
My wedding dress is a fitted trumpet-style gown from Oleg Cassini. It is ivory lace with subtle pink applique flowers and a sweep train. 
My wedding dress was the first wedding detail I finalized. I went to David's Bridal with my mother, grandmother, Eric's grandmother, aunt, cousin, and friend. I tried on what seemed like a million dresses. The sales consultant suggested my wedding dress, but I was skeptical about the pink flowers. But as soon as I tried it on, I loved it immediately. And, by the reaction of everyone else when I exited the dressing room, I knew it was the one! As a surprise, my mother purchased the wedding dress for me.
As for bridal party gifts, the groomsmen received Gold bowties and the bridesmaid received vintage floral studs. 
Culture
We chose to jump the broom. We wanted a simple ceremony with traditional elements. We used the same broom my brother and sister in law had jumped for their wedding two years before. I loved that we were able to use it for our wedding. 
Memories
My favorite memory was walking back down the aisle with my husband, Eric by my side. Stevie Wonder's "As" was playing and everyone was cheering as we exited the atrium. It was such a great moment knowing we had the support of family, friends, and God in our union and I was truly overcome with joy. I cried the entire way, but I swear they were happy tears.
Help a bride-to-be out!
We recommend that engaged couples take the time to truly plan their event together. We took an entire year to plan. Brainstorm ideas together. Budget together. Go to the appointments together. We delegated responsibilities to each other and then discussed our findings in the evenings after work. Sometimes, we didn’t always agree. But we communicated constantly about what each of our priorities were and tried to meet those needs. When the wedding arrived, we could relax knowing we both were on the same page. 
Vendors
Wedding Planner and Florist: Prestigious Occasions
Photography: Memories of Bliss Photography
Ceremony and Reception: Newton White Mansion
Wedding Dress: David's Bridal
Bride's Shoes: Badgley Mischka
Bride's Earrings: BHLDN
Bride's Necklace: JCrew
Hair: Arif Hair Salon
Makeup: Mod Girl Makeup
Bridesmaid Dresses: Adrianna Papell via Nordstrom and Lord & Taylor
Brooch Bouquet: Lionsgate Designs
Groom and Groomsmen Tuxedos: Azad American Formalwear
Groom's Shoes: Hugo Boss
Cake: Fluffy Thoughts Bakery
Caterer: Santoni's Catering
DJ: DJ Reece
Memories-of-Bliss-Photography-MD-Korenne-Eric-16
Article & Photo Credit: MunaLuchi.com