Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Picking Your Wedding Dress

I never expected to find my wedding dress on the first day of looking, at the first boutique my Mother and I visited and I never in a million years thought it would be the very first dress I tried on. Just because I fell in love with the dress instantly, didn't mean I stopped looking. I thought to myself, "there is no way it was going to be that easy!". So we searched for a few more weeks but nothing compared to the first dress, so I finally went back and purchased it. The funny thing was, it was nothing like I imagined my dress to be, but never the less it was perfect for me.
So what happens if you don't fall in love at first sight? Or after months of looking, you still haven't found the one? You have to ask yourself a few questions. Are you fixated on one style? Are there too many opinions when you go looking? Just watch any of the wedding shows and you will see a bride who wanted a certain style but ended up going in a completely different direction.
 No matter if you are a size 4 or full figured, not all styles are going to to be right for your body. The most important thing is that you are comfortable, can breath, sit and YOU love it! That brings me to my next point. If you take 10 different people with you when you try on dresses, you will get 10 different opinions and sometimes not the ones you want to here.
 My best advice to you is to take just a few people who truly care about your happiness and will not be hurtful with their comments. Again, the most important opinion is your own and regardless of what others think, YOU need to love your dress and feel comfortable wearing it. Good Luck on your search!
 Millisa
Event Coordinator
Prestigious Occasions