If you’re thinking about DIY projects for your wedding or next event there are a few things to think about before you move forward. While I love working on personalize projects to showcase unique styles, there is plenty of prep time that is invested and sometimes it can be the same expense if not more that you would have paid for the purchase and/or services.
Here are a few things you should think about before diving into the many tasks of DIY projects.
1. Are you an organized person and can set & meet deadlines with a great finished product?
2. After reading and thinking the project through do you honestly think you can take on and complete the task?
*Do a test run of the project you are working on and get feedback from a few people you can count on to tell you the truth.
3. What is the estimated cost of the project?
*If you are working on centerpieces, think about the cost of the each product to create one centerpiece, add the total and multiply that number by the number of tables you will need to create for the event.
4. How much time will you need to invest in each project and will you be able to complete the project in a timely matter?
*Start as early as possible and recruit help of a positive honest friend that you can rely on.
5. Lastly, if you get stressed thinking about the project before you even begin…..pause and take a honest and good look again before you start.
Enjoy your DIY days; they should not be stressful days …..after all you’re personalizing and hopefully saving cash in the process.