When you think about choosing your flowers for your occasion, most clients think about what type of flower and the colors?
Guess what there is a little more to it, and here are a few tips to help you out while you meet with the florist.
* Schedule a consultation with the florist to secure their services for your event.
* Have a picture or detailed description of your gown if you’re a bride or a swatch of the bridesmaid dresses for a wedding.
* If you are selecting flowers for a special occasion, bring in swatches of your attire and/or linen selection.
* Have a budget in mind, also be flexible with you budget as a secondary resort. Start out a little less than your maximum budget.
* You can save money by the type of flowers you select. Do a little research and find out what flowers are in season.
* If you are having a ceremony, find out if your church/venue allows fresh rose petals (this may stain the carpet).
* For a wedding discuss the options of reusing flowers for the ceremony and bridesmaids bouquets for the reception, they can take them home at the end of the night.
Floral Credit: Martha Stewart